Here is one way to add a music player to your Google Site.
If you want background music to play when the page loads you can have it.
- Upload the MP3 file to your page or to a separate file cabinet page.
- Right-click on the download link and copy the link.
- Edit your page
- Click Insert
- Select More Gadgets
- Click Add gadget by URL
- Insert the URL: https://sites.google.com/site/bobwgadgets/gadgets/html5-audio-player.xml
- Click the Add button
- Configure it with the URL of the music file you have uploaded to your site
- If you want the music to start automatically select "Yes" in Auto Start
- If you want the music to play continuously select:"Yes": in Loop audio
- If you want to let people download your audio file select "Yes" in Show download link
- Remove the check from "Display title on gadget"
- Click OK and save the page
An alternate gadget URL is https://storage.googleapis.com/my-gadget-storage-k8oms/gadgets/html5-audio-player.xml
This one plays an MP3 set to to start automatically and to loop.